Saturday, January 27, 2007

A Worthwhile Meme - Part II (N-Z)

It's been a hectic week so I am later than planned on finishing this meme. Be sure to check out those I previously tagged for their replies, too.

[N is for New Testament - your favorite passage]: I am going to create a separate post on this one...

[O is for Old Testament - your favorite book here]: ... and this one ...

[P is for Psalms - your favorite]: ... and this one, too.

[Q is for Quote - saint quote]: I like Ignatius' "Pray as if everything depended on God and work as if everything depended on you." But also the many writings of Blessed Pauline von Mallinckrodt have had a long-term place in my life. And also, Mother Teresa's quote (paraphrased when set to music), "What you can do, I cannot; what I can do, you cannot; but together we can do something beautiful for God." And finally, St. Francis of Assisi's "I did what was mine to do, now do what is yours!" Ah wait, there's one more: "Love alone counts, love never counts."

[R is for Rosary - your favorite mysteries]: For some reason (not sure why), the Joyful mysteries have held special meaning for me (actually I think it's the incarnational theme), and the new Luminous mysteries also (those because of those Eucharistic moments marked).

[S is for Saint - the one you turn to in time of need - not including the Blessed Virgin Mary]: Blessed Pauline, Saint Anthony, and a number of uncanonized holy ones including my sister who died at the age of three.

[T is for Tradition - your favorite Catholic tradition]: Visiting three different Churches for prayer for the Blessed Sacrament following the Liturgy of Holy Thursday, and Exposition and Benediction any time!

[U is for University - Which Catholic university have you attended or are currently attending?]: I am the product of Catholic schools, K-12, but earned my degrees at public/private universities. However, I was fortunate to enjoy a summer program at St. Peter's College in Jersey City. I also have hopes to pursue another Master's either, probably online at Felician College (NJ).

[V is for Virtue - the one you wish you had]: To this I can only say, "Over all these things, put on love!"

[W is for Way of the Cross - Which station can you most relate to?]: Jesus falls the third time.

[X is for Xaverian Brothers - Do you know who they are?]: Yes, I do! And I understand why it's a question. The Xaverian Brothers ran a hospital in my home archdiocese of Newark, NJ.

[Y is for your favorite Catholic musician]: As previously noted, I am a Catholic liturgical musician so I can't pick just one! :) Maybe in another post I will take about some of my favorites.

[Z is for Zeal for the faith]: Yes, with God's continued grace.

4 Comments:

At 7:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

All right, Lisa! You did it. Very nice. It's an interesting way to reflect on our own lives and also to give people a glimpse into what makes us tick. Your comment on your favorite Catholic tradition ... I just love that. Julie

 
At 2:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lurker, here! I'm trying to figure out why "y" is for one's favorite Catholic musician...

 
At 7:05 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

I guess the "y" for your favorite Catholic musician is for the "y" in Your favorite Catholic musician...

 
At 11:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And once again I overthink a meme. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home