Sunday, December 10, 2006

Second Sunday of Advent



This Advent images comes courtesy of the SCC Generalate website.

Today's liturgy reminds us of the messenger in the desert calling out to the people of the times to prepare the way for the One who is to come.

Today we receive the message, the invitation. Are we ready, willing, and able to accept the invitation? Are we prepared to prepare the way for the One who is already among us in each other, the One whose coming we celebrate on Christmas?

Today my family remembers in a special way my Dad who eight years ago today closed his eyes to this chapter of life and opened them to eternal life. In so many ways, it seems like only yesterday and in others ways like an eternity. I still miss my Dad so much. Join me in praying that he will rest in peace and enjoy the full reward of his earthly journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home