Sunday, August 10, 2008

Back to Blogging

Welcome, blog-itors! (That's blog speak for "visitors" :)



As I look at the date, I cannot believe how long it has been since I have posted on my blog. In the time since my surgery, I have been getting back into the full swing of things (as well as dealing with the array of opportunities and challenges life presents) but somehow, although I've been checking in on friends' blogs, have not carved out the time to post here. Part of the problem is that my list of things about which to blog was growing faster than I could keep up with it. Now I have decided to simply get back into the swing of blogging and as time and opportunity present get to the list.
So here I am! I have made good progress so far since my surgery. I am still, until at least the end of September, on a restricted diet in that I cannot chew and definitely can't crunch, but that's fine. I'm happy to make accommodations in order to protect my jaw from fracture as the bone fills in. I still have facial numbness on the lower right side, but that, too, the surgeon said is to be expected for up to four months. It's manageable, and every day my face feels less strange so the nerve must be on its way to restoration.
I thank all of you who have not only been patient in checking in on me but also so kind and faithful in praying for me. I appreciate it greatly and am looking forward to returning to more regular blogging. With the Olympics under way and the presidential conventions coming soon, I anticipate a broad range of seemingly unrelated but hopefully thoughtprovoking topics for posting.
Have a blessed Sunday!

2 Comments:

At 12:23 AM , Blogger seeking_something said...

Sure hope you like soupy soup, creamy soup, or soggy noodles soup! I suppose mashed potatoes are another option.

 
At 7:46 PM , Blogger Sandy, csj said...

Lisa, sounds like the surgery and its aftermath have been and continue to be quite an ordeal. All four of my wisdom teeth are impacted similarly, so I hope I can continue without any cysts or abscesses, because it would be quite a job to get the teeth out...

Prayers for your continued recovery.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home