Saturday, January 05, 2008

St. John Neumann, pray for us!


This evening I happened to be channel surfing and stopped when I came to the daily Mass being shared on EWTN. Father Anthony Mary, MFVA, was delivering the homily and caught my particular attention. He gave an awesome homily on Bishop Neumann and noted four intentions that we in this country should place before St. John Neumann. In particular, Father Anthony stated (and I agree) that it is appropriate to pray to St. John Neumann for the following needs here in the United States:
  1. Good bishops who are true pastors and shepherds of the people, bishops who can truly say, "I know my sheep, and mine know me."
  2. Renewal of Catholic Education
  3. Restoration and renewal of religious life
  4. A greater love and respect for the Holy Eucharist

Father Anthony proceeded to detail the relationship between each of these intentions and the life and sanctity of St. John Neumann. Having been ordained a diocesan priest, Neumann later entered the Redemptorists. There he found his call to the priesthood and religious life and through his ministry led the development of Catholic education and promoted the religious life including being recognized as a co-founder of the School Sisters of Notre Dame. Visit the Redemptorists website for more information on his life and ministries. Also, if you find yourself in the Philadelphia area, consider a visit to his shrine, located in the Church of St. Peter's Parish, on the corner of Fifth and Girard Aves. As Father Anthony reminded listeners, one does not have to go abroad to make a pilgrimage to holy places.

St. John Neumann, pray for us!

1 Comments:

At 5:21 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Lisa!

My name is Paolo and I've just started a new catholic community website called www.powerpray.com (Sorry I don't mean to plug the site on your website but I did not how else to contact you)

I would like, actually LOVE for you to share your thoughts on your experiences in our "Sharing Section" and/or give us ideas on how we can improve our website. I believe that God has a plan for this website and I beleive that Him leading me to your blog was not an accident.

God Bless!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home