Sunday, November 26, 2006

Giving Thanks & Sharing a Call to Action

"I thank my God each time I remember you,
which is constantly,
praising God for the blessings I have known through your love."

Thanksgiving Day provides a pause in our busy daily lives to stop as a nation and individually give thanks for the rich blessings God bestows upon us in each and every moment. In the midst of our remembering the abundances in our own lives, we often also remember those who do without many of the amenities and comforts we enjoy daily.

While I pause and give thanks to God for the many blessings I experience, including the rich gift of friendship that enriches and blesses my life, I have also made a commitment this year to draw attention to the horror of the genocide that is taking place in Darfur .

Without a doubt, the horror taking place in Darfur is organized systematic genocide. Please take a moment to learn more about what is really taking place there and how the United States and the United Nations can work collaboratively to force an end to this horror. Just a few decades from now, textbooks will tell the historical tale of this atrocity. Let not the students of that time to come wonder what the good people of today did to stop the genocide. Take a few moments to visit SaveDarfur.org , a coalition of over 100 faith-based communities/organizations committed to bringing the truth to light and working towards a just and swift end to the genocide.

Forever grateful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home