Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Holy Saturday of Sundays

Today, the Sunday between Ascension Thursday and Pentecost, strikes me as the Holy Saturday of Sundays. In many ways I imagine the disciples experienced similar feelings yet had grown deeper in their faith because of Easter and Jesus' resurrection from the dead. Still, their sorrow must have been real in that could not see Him as they had previously. Yet He had promised He would send the Holy Spirit and as His word has been fulfilled before the disciples had only to trust anew.

What does this mean for us today?

1 Comments:

At 2:57 PM , Blogger Skirtz said...

I just stumbled on your blog today from the comment you left on the Trenton Diocese blog... I'm enjoying what I'm reading and look forward to more

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home