Thursday, April 20, 2006

Random Meme

I've been tagged by Sister Anne and asked to post six random pieces of information about me. For a few of the six, I've decided to follow Sister Anne's themes.

* I am closer to 40 than I am to 30.

* I am bilingual (completely fluent) in English and Spanish, and I can read/sing in Italian, German, Latin, Portuguese, and a bit of Tagalog and Vietnamese.

* If I were a different gender, I think I would have the initials FMS after my name.

* I love basketball (ok, that's probably not any surprise).

* The first piece of classical music with which I fell in love was J.S. Bach's "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring," and ...

* ... ok, for the sixth detail, post me a question and I'll answer the first five who post.

Now, I tag ... (oops, some of the folks I was going to tag already were tagged so my list is now shortened):

Susan, Steph, Natty, Di,and Joe.

1 Comments:

At 5:12 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Thank you, Jonathan. I'd be honored!

One place I'd like to travel? That's a good question. Of places that I have not yet been, I'd like to travel to Paderborn, Germany, the heart of the founding of the Sisters of Christian Charity. I had an opportunity several years ago to make such a pilgrimage but unfortunately was not able to participate in the journey. I am hoping that there will be another opportunity in the near future.

"FMS" stands for the Marist Brothers of the Schools. I was privileged to meet the Marists my second through fourth years of high school. They are a very special bunch, and since that time, I always said that I had I been male rather than female I would have joined the Marists. So far, I have not met a Marist whom I did not like. An extraordinary group of men!

Thanks for writing -- and visiting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home