Thursday, April 20, 2006

Random Meme

I've been tagged by Sister Anne and asked to post six random pieces of information about me. For a few of the six, I've decided to follow Sister Anne's themes.

* I am closer to 40 than I am to 30.

* I am bilingual (completely fluent) in English and Spanish, and I can read/sing in Italian, German, Latin, Portuguese, and a bit of Tagalog and Vietnamese.

* If I were a different gender, I think I would have the initials FMS after my name.

* I love basketball (ok, that's probably not any surprise).

* The first piece of classical music with which I fell in love was J.S. Bach's "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring," and ...

* ... ok, for the sixth detail, post me a question and I'll answer the first five who post.

Now, I tag ... (oops, some of the folks I was going to tag already were tagged so my list is now shortened):

Susan, Steph, Natty, Di,and Joe.

2 Comments:

At 8:42 AM , Blogger Jonathan St.Andre, T.O.R. said...

"Where is one place you'd like to travel to if you had the chance?" By the way, what do the initials "FMS" mean?

I've enjoyed checking your blog from time to time, can I put a link on my own? God bless you.

 
At 5:12 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Thank you, Jonathan. I'd be honored!

One place I'd like to travel? That's a good question. Of places that I have not yet been, I'd like to travel to Paderborn, Germany, the heart of the founding of the Sisters of Christian Charity. I had an opportunity several years ago to make such a pilgrimage but unfortunately was not able to participate in the journey. I am hoping that there will be another opportunity in the near future.

"FMS" stands for the Marist Brothers of the Schools. I was privileged to meet the Marists my second through fourth years of high school. They are a very special bunch, and since that time, I always said that I had I been male rather than female I would have joined the Marists. So far, I have not met a Marist whom I did not like. An extraordinary group of men!

Thanks for writing -- and visiting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home