Sunday, April 16, 2006

A Question for You

Last night we concluded the Easter Vigil and began our celebration of Easter singing Marty Haugen's "Halle, Halle" with full choir and an assembly singing out their hearts accompanied by timpani, brass, percussion, organ, clapping hands, and even moving feet! The joy of the moment was enveloped everyone within eye's view. For me, it was a contemporary expression of Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus" in terms of what I experienced within myself.

So, I ask you,

What song/hymn/musical selection for you expresses the fullness of Easter Joy?

1 Comments:

At 6:10 PM , Blogger Sister Anne said...

I have an entire repertoire that fits the bill! Right now I have a case of earworm involving the Alleluia verse composed by our choir director, Paul French, based on "O Filii et Filiae" but with a remarkable kind of edge to it. The brass and timpani help, as well! The words for the Easter Alleluia verse are: Christ our Paschal Lamb has been sacrificed. Let us feast with joy in the Lord.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home