Saturday, February 04, 2006

Week In Review

Being sick with a cold, etc. for most of the week, this past week wasn't the most exciting of weeks to review. But around me there's been much happening this week. The convergence of several holy days (non-obligatory) and national observances makes it a fitting time to chronicle.

This week we had the Feast of the Presentation (February 2) and the Feast of Saint Blase (February 3) and the national observance of Catholic Schools Week.

Catholic Schools Week was such a major annual observance during my childhood. Still today it bears a special nature to it even when I am not actively involved in Catholic Education.

As a society has a responsibility for providing education to its members, I believe we all have a responsibility to support, promote, and sustain Catholic Education today.

We live in an ever-changing world, and our Catholic Schools are not at all immune to changes. As the economic underpinnings of the Catholic Schools of yesterday change dramatically and questions of economic justice in the workplace continue to challenge the Catholic parochial school system, Catholic Education finds itself at a moment of great opportunity.

Let us not only pause to celebrate the positive impact Catholic Schools continue to make on individuals and society but let us also renew our commitment to Catholic Education.

1 Comments:

At 9:27 PM , Blogger Sr. Marianne Lorraine Trouve said...

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your comment on my blog. It's great to be back! I am going to blog more about the retreat as soon as I catch up on my work.
Thanks for telling me about Rich's blog--I met him on retreat so I'm going to check it out!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home