Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Feast of Saint Nicholas

Having grown up in a parish dedicated to Saint Nicholas (of Myra, yes "Santa Claus"), December 6th always has a special feel to it. My memories of December 6th are not so much filled with gift giving rituals but rather with liturgies and remembrances of the legend of Saint Nicholas and the sacred roots of Santa Claus.

It also becomes a day for contemplating many memories of my childhood and young adult years in the parish, school, the priests and the Sisters of Christian Charity who in large part helped to shape the woman I am.

Even in the midst of the worst of times, life in that parish during my years there were the best of times.

May God continue to bless my "old home" parish community and the school (still administered by the Sisters of Christian Charity) with an abundance of grace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home