Sunday, December 04, 2005

"We Remember," ...

(Note: Something happened to my blog so I can't correct the posting date.
This post was intended for December 1, 2005.)


WORLD AIDS DAY 2005

In honor of the friends and acquaintances who been infected with or affected by HIV, I pray their names in my heart. The fight continues on in their names and the names of the unknown.

Support World AIDS Day

Let us give thanks for the blessings bestowed on us and our world through the talented lives lost too soon.

Let us reach out in sacred accompaniment to those who live bravely today.

Let us be grateful for those who care, heal, and serve.

Let us be steadfast in our commitment never to forget and to continue fighting the fight.

Indeed, we are one human family!

*Feel free to post remembrances of those who have died from HIV-related illness.*


4 Comments:

At 6:15 PM , Blogger Peter Nixon said...

Lisa:

In your recent post over at Mark Mossa's blog, you gave a URL with "blogpost" rather than "blogspot" as the domain name. It may make it harder for folks to find you here. Don't know if Mark will allow you to post a correction.

Pax,

Peter

 
At 9:43 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks for noting the error, Peter. I didn't realize I had made a typo. That's what I get for rushing and not proofreading. I will check in with Mark and ask him to correct it.

Thanks again,
Lisa

 
At 9:37 AM , Blogger Sr. Marianne Lorraine Trouve said...

Lisa, it was great to meet you at Princeton! The blogosphere is really amazing in how it can help people get together.

About AIDS, I remember my cousin Raymond Trouve Jr who died of AIDS on Dec. 26 about 10 years ago. May he rest in peace. Amen.

 
At 9:34 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

I enjoyed meeting you, too, S. Lorraine. What a blessing!

I offer my prayers also for Raymond Trouve Jr -- may he rest in the peace and love of Jesus!

Lisa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home