Monday, December 13, 2010

RIP, Cousin Danny

Daniel M. Corkery
May 9, 1948 – December 11, 2010
In memory of my cousin, some of his own words of testimony: “I like to follow in the steps Jesus had laid out in the bible. His main mission was to tell others, about his Father named Jehovah and his plan for mankind here on earth. Jesus' directions on how to pray, I said this prayer many times in my life, but did not fully understand its meaning. Today with a clear understanding of his prayer, I now do the things he wanted us to do.”

Danny, daily I prayed that you’d get the miracle my Dad didn’t get. In the end, God deemed it was time to call you home to Himself. I am sorry we did not have more face-to-face, voice-to-voice time to share, but I am so grateful that we reconnected electronically and had the grace of sharing faith, testimony, and our family connection. Now, my cousin, you can experience an eternal fishing trip with the greatest Fisher of All, Jesus Christ, your God and your All, and together with the family members who live eternally you can enjoy the eternal banquet (or BBQ) of God’s unconditional love.

Rest in peace, and keep an eye on us! And please, give all our loved ones you see on the other side a big hug and lots of love from me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home