Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Feast of Saints Ann & Joachim, Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Happy Feast Day
especially to all my Sisters, friends, and family named Ann/Anne!
(Sister Joachim, too!)

Today our parish novena, definitely a parish retreat experience, concluded with a Festive Mass, including the Honor Guard provided by the Knights of Columbus, a retrospective homily by our pastor, a candlelight procession around the parish grounds, blessing with the relic of Saint Ann, and an ice cream social.

All in all, it was a most beautiful experience culminating in a most festive and thanksgiving-filled celebration of Eucharistic!

Our parish has as one of its mottos,

"For all that has been, 'Thanks!' For all that will be, 'Yes!'"


What a fitting prayer that seems to be for this moment of grace.

1 Comments:

At 8:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how is "Joachim" supposed to be prounounced? I've always wondered that. I've heard "Wha-keem," and I've also heard it said the way my English-speaking brain sees it: "Joe-a-kim," yet that sounds all wrong spoken aloud. How does Sister pronounce her name? Is it one of those, "There's no right answer" things?

I remember feeling somewhat deflated when I realized that "Dominic" was simply a Latinized form of "Domingo," which is what St. Dominic was likely known as in Spain. I like the name Dominic a lot better. *shrug* I'm an odd little Linguistically-minded bird I suppose.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home